The Spawn Chunks 078: That New Server Smell
Joel and Jonny take a look at the new blocks and features in the latest Minecraft snapshot before discussing when – and if – you should reset your Minecraft world.
Support The Spawn Chunks on Patreon
- Some videos Joel pulled inspiration from for the Modern City build on The Citadel.
- Minecraft Timelapse | Color Divercity – City By The Bay (AriaCreations on YouTube)
- Minecraft City World Tour | Minemetropolis by Ranger100 (YouTube)
- Minecraft – Huge Realistic “Patriotville” City – Cinematic & Map Download (JerenVids on YouTube)
- Jonny’s mountain of progress.
FROM: Reagan P.
Dear Joel and Jonny,
I have really enjoyed listening to your show. What would you like to see in the new upcoming Mountain Update?
FROM: Dallen (Ironshot)
RE: 9 Year Burnout
Hey Johnny and Joel
I am a big fan of the podcast and would like your guy’s thoughts on burnout. I have been playing on and off for almost nine years now, but because of my long history I often burn out when I come back to experience the new updates.
With that being said, I still enjoy watching Minecraft YouTubers like you guys.
How can I prevent the burn out from playing a game for over half my life.
Thanks for your time,
- The Citadel Cafe 351: The World Building Rabbit Hole (TheCitadelCafe.com)
- May contain adult language.
The Spawn Chunks is proud to be a listener supported podcast.
A special thanks to the amazing listeners that have dug deep and support the show at the Content Engineer, Ore Producer and Community Miner levels on Patreon
Gunder H Striker
Join us on
Are Diamonds Really Forever? When to Reset your Minecraft World
With the recent reset of the popular Hermitcraft server to make way for a seventh season of fresh new content from its members, many Minecrafter players may be bitten by that “new server smell” and want to follow suit and restart their own worlds, but is starting fresh really what your Minecraft gameplay needs? When is the best time to start fresh? Or, if you don’t want to reset your Minecraft experience, what options do you have moving forward to keep your game experience fresh and fun?